Sentinel Service Award
'VOLUNTEER...IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO!'
Veterans Tribute Career & Technical Academy would like to invite ALL Sentinel
students to participate in the spirit of service as a participant in the
SENTINEL SERVICE AWARD PROGRAM
The Sentinel Service Award Program encourages and recognizes Sentinel students for their dedication to community service in the greater Las Vegas area, as well as other parts of the country.
- Volunteerism promotes better healthier communities, better physical and mental health (fewer incidences of bullying, suicide, and depression), improves student academics, promotes healthier intimate relationships and builds stronger parent/student relationships.
- Volunteering also looks wonderful on a college application or resume, and can be used in place of work history when applying for a job. In addition it allows students, to learn new skills, meet new people and network while giving back to their community!
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- ALL STUDENTS who successfully complete 100 hours of service (that is just....2.5 hours per week) between April 1, 2022 and March 1, 2023, will be invited to a special recognition award ceremony.
- Seniors who complete 400 hours of verifiable community service by March 1, 2023 qualify for the Sentinel Service Award cord to wear at graduation, which will be provided/paid for by the VT Partnership Office
- Seniors who accumulate 300 hours by February 1st are eligible to apply for the SENTINEL SERVICE AWARD SCHOLARSHIP ($1,000.00), through the Public Education Foundation & sponsored by the VT Partnership Office
- All SENTINEL SERVICE hours must be logged in x2VOL for school credit...by the student...we DO NOT enter hours for students, we just approve them
- In order to meet the requirements for the SENTINEL SERVICE Award, verification cannot be accepted from a student's Parent/Guardian or peer.
- All fields must be complete, including the name of the organization and full date of service
- Verification letters or log sheets can be delivered to Ms. Montano in the Student Union or emailed to [email protected]
MAKE A DIFFERENCE......VOLUNTEER!!
Questions?? See Ms. Montano in the Student Union or contact her at
702-799-4710 ex 4087 or at [email protected]