All VTCTA Parents/Guardians are expected to contribute
15 hours yearly (hours count for BOTH parents together)
to VTCTA or the community at large
Parents can earn hours two different ways
- VOLUNTEER SERVICE--
- This is true volunteering for a Non-Profit, School, Religious Organization or Civics Organization
- Volunteering does not have to be exclusively within VTCTA...we strongly encourage parents/guardians to give back to their community.
- Some volunteer opportunities will be available at VTCTA, and parents will receive emails via a Constant Contact email or a text message
- Please make sure your EMAIL & CELL# IS CURRENT and if you have not yet signed up for REMIND DO SO ASAP!
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT--
- These are hours for engagement directly within the VTCTA community.
- Attend Principal/Parent Meetings
- Attend Parent Campus University
- Chaperone field trips
- Attend VTCTA family sponsored events (Bowling Bash, Color Fun Run, Rock N Roll Run, etc.)
- Donate items for school dances, basket raffles, clubs, etc. (gift cards, water, supplies for a project, etc.)
- HOW TO RECORD HOURS
- Parents will need to fill out a Volunteer Log sheet with their hours.
- Sheets can be picked up in the Student Union or printed from the website
- Parent hours are due by May 1st of each school year.